Saudi Arabia implements Issuance and Renewal of Iqama, Work Permits on every 3 month as minimum
The Ministry of Interior, represented by the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) and the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development, in cooperation with the Saudi Authority for Data and Artificial Intelligence (SDAIA), represented by the National Information Center, has started implementing a new service of issuing and renewing residence permits (iqamas) of expats on a quarterly basis. Saudi Expatriates is now available in App
This move is in implementation of the Cabinet decision approving and allowing the issuance of residence permits (iqamas) related to work permits and their renewal on a quarterly basis (every 3 months as a minimum), with the exception of domestic workers and the similar, and the division of getting the value of the work permit, residence permit, financial compensation and fees necessary for obtaining residence permits.
- The new procedure will allows employers to renew iqamas, work permits, and the financial compensation for varying periods of 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, as well as 12 months, according to what was previously applied, as per the company’s need. Related : Expatriates can make quarterly payment of Dependent fee
- The aim of the new service is to ease private sector companies to achieve cash management with a higher efficiency, and allowing establishments to renew worker permits according to their actual need. In addition, this decision will support the growth of private sector companies, contribute to the development of the labor market, improve its attractiveness, and improve its work environment and giving the existing contractual relationship more flexibility, making it keep pace with global labor markets.
- Jawazat in Saudi Arabia stated that this service can be benefited from the platforms Absher Business, Absher Individual. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development clarified that this service can be used, with regard to work permits, through the Qiwa platform and the electronic portal for labor services.
- The Minister of Human Resources and Social Development Ahmed Al-Rajhi confirmed the possibility of issuing and renewing work and residence permits according to a quarterly mechanism as a minimum. Most Viewed : Ministry of Interior launches 12 new services in Absher
- Al-Rajhi added that the positive impact of this on the private sector, by contributing to increasing the flexibility and facilitation of business in that sector.
Saudi Arabia implements Issuing and Renewing Iqama, Work Permits on a Quarterly basis - Saudi-Expatriates.com